Wonderful, fun, beautiful, amazing, blessed, unique, your own

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Another Year, Another Week

Twenty 
20
Venti

However you say it, I am now the big 2-0. 
2 decades!  
But, what can you do.  There is no way you can stop time, you just have to embrace it.


Nineteen was pretty fabulous.  A hard year to beat.  And in all honesty (not to be a pessimist) I don't think twenty will be the year that tops it.  I lived in Florence for four months and traveled to five different countries in Europe.  If I could see into the future, I would say that this year will probably keep me a lot closer to home. 


Saying that I miss Florence is an understatement.
I would be lying if I said I didn't think about it everyday.  Or look at pictures everyday.  Or talk about it everyday.  Or that I wasn't sobbing, yes sobbing, when I got off the airplane in Gainesville.
It was a wonderful part of my life. Amazing, fantastic, superb, incredible part of my life. I have made friends and memories that I know I will have for my entire life.  This is what I have to focus on.  


So a week has passed since I came back to the US from the place that I will someday call home again.  A week passed and I turned another year older. 
That's the way that life goes. 
Here's to a great week
And thank you for all the Birthday wishes. 

1 comment:

  1. yay glad you're back safely & got to celebrate the big two OH!

    ReplyDelete