Wonderful, fun, beautiful, amazing, blessed, unique, your own

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Firenze, ti amo

I love this city. 
I love EVERYTHING about this city.
(except the dog poop on the streets but that I can live with that)
I love being surrounded by the Italian language.
I love the art that is literally everywhere. 
I love that I walk past 500 year old statues on my way to school everyday.
I love my walk to school everyday.
I love the Ponte Vecchio, the Doumo, the Bell Tower, the Baptistry, Piazza Vecchio.
I love Boboli Gardens.
I love San Lorenzo Market.
I love the fruit and veggie vendors on the walk to school.
I love my house and my apartment.
I love that I live in a reality TV show.
I love the little Italian couples.
I love walking everywhere.
I love that Gabriella from my favorite sandwich shop knows exactly what I want.
I love the buildings and the architecture.
I love the green shutters on the buildings.
I love opening and closing my green shutters.
I love the food and the gelato.
I love the tiny cars.
I love/am jealous of the little Italian children I see being dropped off at school everyday.
I love that I know my way around and never used a map.
I love that I can understand most of what people say to me.
I love that tourists stop and ask me for directions- in Italian!
I love the view from my apartment.
I love my Via Romana Family.
I have loved living here.  
I love knowing that I will come back and live here again. 
I love that I looked up minoring in business so I can open an American bakery here one day.
                                       I am completely serious
I love that I was blessed enough to call the place my home for 4 wonderful months.

Firenze, sei sempre nel mio cuore. 



1 comment: