Wonderful, fun, beautiful, amazing, blessed, unique, your own

Monday, January 23, 2012

Presents

Friday. 
I waited like a kid on Christmas Eve for the mailman to arrive.
I looked out my window every 5 minutes.  Seriously. 
I knew I had a package on the way and I knew it included a phone. 

I wasn't excited to get that particular phone.  
In fact, I think I may be the only person in America who doesn't want one.
I just wanted the package so I didn't have to go through facebook for communication anymore since my old phone had been turned off an entire 24 hours earlier. 

24 hours. 
Real World Problems

It made me think, what did my parents do before cell phones and facebook.
If you made plans with your friend, I suppose you better have shown up.
No changing your mind or changing the time.
Then I remembered there were home phones.
Phones connected to a wall at home.
You couldn't take them with you to class.
Or in the car.
How weird.

Anyway, the mailman arrived.
He was greeted by 4 girls at the door.
And he had packages for all of us.
My package from my mom,
Books for two of my roommates,
and letters for another.

He said he wished he had on a red suit and hat because we were all so excited to see him.
I like to think we made his day.
He handed out the presents.
We thanked him profusely.
I would like to leave him cookies one day soon.
He was so sweet.

So I opened my package and saw this: 


Welcome to the world of the iPhone.
And e-fuel, something every good runner needs.
And I was more excited about the e-fuel.

I felt kind of selfish. 
 How many people would love to have this phone.
I am excited to have it now.
My favorite features?
Being able to see entire text conversations and instragram.
LOVE instagram. 

And I like my phone.  
I was opposed to it because I thought it was ridiculous for me to have a mini computer in my pocket at all times.
Which it is.
But the world, or America, is changing.
And I need to keep up with the times.

Or move back to Italy where I used my crappy bar phone as an alarm clock only.
Yes, maybe moving to Italy is the answer.
But then again it is the answer to everything I think.

So I have an iPhone.
Something I never envisioned myself having until after grad school. 

And some e-fuel.
Which helped me run 10.2 miles.

Life is good.
Life is great.
Thanks Mom for my presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment