Wonderful, fun, beautiful, amazing, blessed, unique, your own

Monday, February 13, 2012

So good and so healthy

Although I already eat pretty healthy, despite my sweet tooth, I have been trying to eat really healthy lately.  It just makes you feel so good and it tastes so much better then non-healthy food.  I have also been trying to eat less meat and more beans and veggies. So this is how I have come to have a love affair with this lovely little salad.


I stumbled upon this blog. Not really sure how I found it considering it's a pregnancy blog but anyhow, I did and I am so happy because now I have this delicious salad to eat.  And I just checked her blog now and she has had an adorable little baby!

Well back to the salad.  It's a tuscan white bean salad and you know me, if anything has the word tuscan in it, I will try it because it reminds me of Italy!

So here's what you need for the salad:
White beans
Cucumber
Tomato
Basil
Croutons

Optional:
Kalamata Olives
Red Onion
Feta Cheese
Avocado
Corn


For the dressing:
Red Wine Vinegar
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

So here's how you do it:
Drain and rinse those beans
Cut up your veggies
Put into a bowl
Make your dressing and pour it on top
Add some basil- fresh is always best
Mix it all together
Add croutons
And eat!

So good.

Let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment