Wonderful, fun, beautiful, amazing, blessed, unique, your own

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Florence Has My Heart

WOW!

Florence is AMAZING!!!

I am completely and totally in love.

Warning: I don't think I EVER want to leave


It is sooo beautiful here.  Just take a peek-

Amazing isn't it?

On our first full day here, we had orientation and walked around the city and then the second day we went to Fiesole where there are ancient Etruscan and Roman ruins.  Here's Fiesole: 

And now for some ruins: 




The top right are temple ruins.  The Etruscans temple was there first but when the Roman's came, they built over it. Next is the theater- then and now.  The panoramic is the baths- from left to right: lap pool, sprint running area, submersion pool, saunas. 

How darn cool is this?!?

Then we went to a Franciscan Monastery where I saw a MONK!  I am somewhat obsessed with clergy and religious people so expect lots of pictures of them :)       Later in the afternoon, we went to the church called San. Miniato.  There were beautiful views of the city and the church was also so pretty.  The frescos inside date back to 1199.
Well, that's all I have in my little brain right now. I will post more stuff tomorrow but it's late here my time.  Goodnight dear friends.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures!!! I am excited to follow you through your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of you! Glad to hear you are having an amazing time future ROOMIE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so great at documentation ! thank you for teaching me, caro:]
    looks like you're having so much fun LOVE YOU !!

    [future roomie] hehehe

    ReplyDelete