Wonderful, fun, beautiful, amazing, blessed, unique, your own

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Piece of Pisa

So I went to Pisa for one reason and one reason only.
To take the cliche pictures.
Oh- and maybe eat some good food.

On Thursday night, we decided to go to Pisa for the day!  How fun, right?!? So we woke up on Friday and went to the train station where we bought our train tickets! The ride there was fun- the ride back- not so much.  I will tell you about that later.



See how fun it is? 







So we got to Pisa and walked towards to Leaning Tower of Pisa! Let me tell you, it looks fake when you first see it.  AND it leans A LOT more in real life.  The pictures make it look like it is almost straight and it definitely is not.




There it is? Doesn't it look like a set from a movie? 

So we went and we stood in awe waiting for the tower to fall at one more gust of extremely cold wind.

<Luckily it never did>

We had a super nice day though! 

These pictures are barely edited.  In fact, these first two aren't at all.
It's when I come in that they get edited so you all can't tell just how pale I am becoming.

When I tell people I go to Florida State, it has to look like I am from the Sunshine state. And it currently does not.

Back to the tower:
It was really really pretty. 
Like, super pretty.

The church and baptistry were also beautiful. 

Side note: I think that I need to find more adjectives to describe this place.



SOOOOOOOOOOO:
Now for the cliche pictures.  




So there you have it Ladies and Gents, the classic Pisa pictures.
PS- I was a good girl and didn't take any dirty ones :)

So then we went to lunch at this delish place.  We called up our director, Sue, and asked here where to eat in Pisa.  2 minutes later, she called us back and gave us the name of this little hole in the wall restaurant where no English was spoken and the menu was entirely in Italian.  Oh boy was it good.  Gnocchi with spinach, cheese, and tomato. 

After lunch we ate gelato- of course!- and then went to the church.  There is a dead Saint in that church people- saint ranieri (I think)! Along with my most favorite statue of all time that I discovered as soon as I saw it.  Here's some pics of the church and then at the end- get super excited- the statue of our Mother being crowned by her Son and His father.  SOOOO amazingly beautiful.











Okay, now as somewhat promised at the beginning, our train ride home.

There were these two guys with huge duffel bags that were doing drug deals at every stop.  Yes, I know they were because they would meet someone at the platform, slap hands, and then when they came back in, we saw them with money and a black box in their hand. 
SKETCHY.


See how scared we are?  At least we had Dan (our amazing RA) to protect us.

That's my roommate Julie, by the way.

We got home safely so I guess in the end that's all matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment